Cecchetti Ballet Australia is a Registered Training Organisation
Reg No. 21211
Cecchetti teachers must train through a rigorous system of examinations for professional teaching qualifications.
There are five levels with Accredited and Non Accredited paths -
||ASSOCIATE DIPLOMA / CUA40313 Certificate IV in dance teaching & management|
These qualifications are attained over a minimum of eight years, and include knowledge and development of Cecchetti classical ballet techniques and principles throughout all levels of the syllabi. Study in teaching methodology, child development, anatomy and injury prevention, musical appreciation, history of dance, health and safety and business studies is required to attain these qualifications.
Status Syllabi July 2016 Contains:
CUA40313 Certificate IV in Dance Teaching & Management consists of 8 core units and 6 elective units
- Changes to the Associate examination effective March 2007
- Most recent introduction of the Accredited and Non Accredited stream options
- Teaching restrictions that apply at various status levels
- Major syllabi referred to in this document are referred to by their new names which came into effect January 2007.
- TAEDES401B Design and develop learning programs
- TAEASS401A Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- BSBSMB405B Monitor and manage small business operations
- CUADTM401 Plan and organise dance classes
- CUADTM403 Apply safe dance teaching methods
- CUAPPM401 Contribute to the organisation of productions
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Elective Units that Cecchetti Ballet Australia has selected to deliver
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- CUACHR402 Create short dance pieces
- CUADTM408 Teach Cecchetti Ballet Method at introductory level
- CUADTM409 Teach Cecchetti Ballet Method at junior level
- CUADTM410 Teach Cecchetti Ballet Method at intermediate level
- CUADTM510 Develop a teaching program for the Advanced 1 level of the
Cecchetti Ballet Method
It should be noted that Cecchetti Ballet Australia Inc. provides subsidised training for its Member base not the general public and as such requires a set criteria of pre requisites to be met prior to offering RPL, Credit Transfer or enrolments at this level.
Cecchetti Ballet Australia Inc. does not offer licensing agreements for other Registered Training Organisations to deliver the Cecchetti specific units of competency embedded within the CUA40313 Certificate IV in dance teaching and management.
For more information contact Cecchetti Ballet Australia Head Office 03 9489 5682
Please direct all enquires for the Nationally Accredited Courses to Vivien Borg, National Secretary, Cecchetti Ballet Australia Inc. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for Recognition of Prior Learning should be forwarded to the National Secretary, PO Box 425, Clifton Hill, Vic 3068.