The Energetiks Young Dancer Awards 2017 aims to find the finest young dancers aged 11 – 13 years. This event is to be held in conjunction with the 2017 Australian Cecchetti International Scholarships.
Venue: Victorian College of the Arts (VCASS), 57 Miles Street, Southbank, Vic.
Date: Sunday 9th April 2017
Although these Awards will be held in conjunction with our Australian International Cecchetti Scholarships, students competing in the Young Dancer Awards will not be competing for a scholarship to Florence but for experience ahead of the 2020 competition which we will be hosting in Sydney August 2020.
- Entry requirements:
- Minimum of Cecchetti Grade 4 with result of Highly Commended /Honours for their most recent examination.
- Minimum age: 11 and Maximum age: 13 on the day of the competition.
- Must be entered by a registered Cecchetti Teacher.
- Each candidate will perform a classical ballet solo of their choice of 1.5 - 2 minutes duration (Not Repertoire).
- Solo must not contain Pointe work.
- Performance must be in a short tutu, suitable to the above age restrictions, and ballet flats (canvas or leather).
- Music to be submitted on CD-R on the day.
- The Winner will receive an Energetiks Gift Voucher valued at $500 plus a photo shoot with Belinda Strodder and a Headpiece by Stacey Clarke.
- The Runner up will receive an Energetiks Gift Voucher.
- Energetiks Young Dancer Awards 2017 application form
- Download the print quality A4 event poster here
proudly sponsored by www.energetiks.com.au